Friday, May 31, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 03 – A Song That Makes You Happy


Back to hard choices, but after a day of thinking about this I came up with...

Rock & Roll Queen - The Subways



I adore this song; I can dance to it, sing to it and basically scream it out and I don’t care, it just puts me in a good mood!

It's a classic for me, I think I am the only one who feels this way, but I do believe the test of a good song is that you can listen to once a month for five years and still jump up and down and feel like it's the first time you heard it.

I couldn't find any song facts about it but I did find a Wikipedia entry which states the following:

"Rock & Roll Queen" is a single from the British indie rock band The Subways, from their debut record Young For Eternity. It was featured on the hit drama The OC and is track 1 on Music from the OC: Mix 5. It also features in British TV advertisements for Rimmel, the movie Live Free or Die Hard, the 2008 German movie Die Welle as well as appearing on the soundtracks of EA Sports games Rugby 06 and FIFA Street 2. In 2008, the song appeared in the video games Saints Row 2 and Pure. The song was also used in the trailer and nightclub scene for the film RocknRolla, in which they appear performing the song. The single itself reached number 22 on the UK singles chart when released on June 20, 2005.

I'll never forget the first time I heard it; it was indeed on an episode of the OC. The next day I went out and bought the CD first thing in the morning from Newbury HMV. I do like all of the Subways music, it feels slightly "old school" and in fact they have a new album out. They have gained a cult like status at the Reading & Leeds festivals to the point where they are now Main Stage regulars.

Oh is currently my all time favourite ring tone!



 To buy this album:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You!