Friday, June 07, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge – Day 10 – A Song That Makes You Fall Asleep

Deliver Me – Sarah Brightman

I must admit that I struggled with this a bit. I had to listen to many songs and the concentration alone was enough that none of them put me to sleep. Unless it’s a lullaby, a song really shouldn't put you to sleep. If it does, is it a good song?




I'm honestly not saying that this is a bad song but a little while after I had given up hope of finding a piece of music that puts me to sleep I was listening to my iPod on my way home after a particularly bad week and this came on whilst I was stuck in traffic and swearing at people pushing in. It made me instantly calmer and I found it poetic that I needed the words to this song at that moment.

I do think I have cheated ever so slightly but it made me chill out and dream of happier moments so in all fairness I think I have fulfilled the brief.



It’s a beautiful song and if you don’t know it I suggest you give it a whirl. Funny enough the first time I heard it was in a dance track by Sister Bliss and I spent many weeks searching for it when I was watching Brokedown Palace one day and in this movie was the Sarah Brightman version. I subsequently went and bought that album and it is still one of my all-time favorite albums. Hence the reason it’s still on my iPod.

My movie suggestion to you is Brokedown Palace if you haven't seen it already!

If you would like to buy the album, I would suggest the soundtrack as it is amazing:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You!