Sunday, June 02, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 05 – A Song That Reminds You Of Someone


Trying to figure out one person and one song was difficult as songs remind me of so much and so many people but I finally figured out that one song and one person. My song that reminds me of someone is....

74 – 75 – The Connell's



There seems to be many meanings of this song, one includes an American Football game and one other is about a girl at a high school reunion. For many years I tried to figure out the meaning and I also tried to create a meaning that linked it to that one person but have since given up.

I don't know and really don't care what the song means, all I know is that this song is a reminder to me that becoming obsessed with one person is not a healthy situation to be in and you can live with this obsession for some time. The most unfortunate part is that it was apparently a one way obsession.

I would listen to the song every day and hope that it would bring him back but it didn’t. I know what you saying is that I was completely detached from reality and I truly was.

The happy ending to this story is that this is a great song and besides all the obsessing this boy gave me he also gave me The Connells.

Just a piece of useless information; I was convinced this band was an Irish band and was one of the reasons I fell in love with them.

·         The Connells were a rock group formed in Raleigh, North Carolina by David Connell (bass), his brother Mike Connell (guitar), Doug MacMillan (vocals) and John Shultz (drums), who was soon replaced by former Johnny Quest percussionist Peele Wimberley. In 1990 they added Steve Potak (keyboards) to their line up.
·         This acoustic ballad became an unexpected smash hit in Europe, topping the pop charts in many countries across the continent including Germany, Norway and Sweden. In the UK it became a hit in 1995 but it failed to chart in the US, though another track from their Ring album, "Slackjawed" reached #9 in the American Modern Rock Tracks chart.
·         In 1995, this was featured in the James Mangold film Heavy.



To Buy This Album



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You!