Monday, June 03, 2013

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 06 – A Song That Reminds of You of Somewhere



All songs remind me of something but when breaking it down to "somewhere" no song remind me more of somewhere than...

Good People - Jack Johnson


It was a running joke when I worked at the Harrow in West Ilsley (well to myself) that the Good People had left and all that was left was pure evil!! The "In Between Dreams" CD used to be on repeat and I loved it. Jack Johnson saved me from some very long boring nights and he also got me through some dire home sickness sadness! I still laugh everytime I hear this song. It was my own private joke and it still kind of is! Great lyrics throughout this entire album that leaved you feeling a little less stressed and somehow very Hawaii chilled :)

Johnson says the following about the song: "It's a little bit about reality TV. A TV show called Boarding House was being done in Hawaii. And the lady who was producing it asked if I wanted to play on the grand finale of the show. I said that I wasn't interested. She came up to me while I was having a conversation at this community gathering, which was a fundraiser for Sunset Elementary School. And then she interrupted me again and said that I didn't understand, that this was for national TV and that it would be a great opportunity for me. So that's where that line, 'You interrupt me from a friendly conversation to tell me how great it's all going to be' comes from. That verse is about how sometimes, even when you're trying not to pay attention to it, television and the entertainment industry and all that still sneaks into your world. It's obviously in jest and just a funny song. But it's about that feeling you get sometimes when you flip through the channels and there isn't one thing on TV that's not sensationalized or just completely about some of the lower parts of humanity. And you just start wondering where all the good people are."



To Buy This Album:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You!